There currently is a waiting list for all incoming international students. International Students wanting to apply should first contact the international program for information regarding the waiting list. Applications put on a waiting list are on a first-come, first-served basis.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM ADMISSIONS CHECKLIST
Thank you for your interest in Western Christian High School. Please provide all information requested below. Applications will not be processed until all items listed below are completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- APPLICATION (click to download): The application form must be complete and the application fee of $400 is due when you submit the application. Applicants are encouraged to apply by May 1 for the upcoming school year. Student applications will be reviewed once all documents along with the $400 application fees is received. ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- PARENT’S EMAIL AND CONTACT INFORMATION: All applications must include the student’s parents email address and contact information (phone number). A confirmation email will be sent when the application is received.
- GRADES/TRANSCRIPT Parents and/or guardians must provide applicant’s school transcript:
- Current original transcripts translated into English (minimum gpa of 3.0)
- All high school transcripts including the current year
- Final transcript from current school
- REFERENCE LETTERS: To be completed by a current principal or vice principal, teacher and friend.
- GUARDIAN INFORMATION SHEET: Students are required to have a U.S. guardian. No student will be accepted without a completed guardian information sheet. Student’s parents are responsible for finding and maintaining a guardian throughout the student’s time in our school.
- IMMUNIZATION: a copy of your student’s immunization must be on file and applicants must show proof of all childhood immunizations. Students will not be accepted until evidence is provided giving proof of all required immunizations.
- COPY OF CURRENT I20 and Visa (IF STUDENT IS TRANSFERRING FROM A SCHOOL IN THE US)
- DOCUMENTATION SHOWING PROOF OF FINANCIAL MEANS OF SUPPORT. Bank verification of funds, required by INS translated into U.S. currency. This is a requirement of the Department of Homeland Security.
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL FORM signed by parent or guardian.
UPON ACCEPTANCE YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 3-Part Form for Registration. Parent/Guardian is required to complete the 3-part form and submit it with a $350 registration fee upon receiving the acceptance package. All fees are non-refundable.
- CURRENT I-20 – or- Letter of Intent to Transfer. ACCEPTANCE PACKAGES WILL NOT BE MAILED. PARENTS AND/OR GUARDIANS MUST PICK UP THE ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE FROM THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE AFTER IT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
- COVER LETTER / ACCEPTANCE LETTER as proof of your acceptance.
- INFORMATION REGARDING TESTING AND INTERVIEW DATES AND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (ATTENDANCE AT ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED)
- TESTING: Applicants for admission are required to take a Math and English assessment exam. All assessment exams will be given at Western Christian High School or Middle School during new student orientation week after the student arrives in the U.S. (August). At this time a testing fee of $60 is due.
- PERSONAL INTERVIEW: A personal interview will be requested with the applicant and applicant’s parent or guardian. Appointments will be arranged by the International Program Coordinator once the student arrives in the U.S. and has been tested. Parents / Guardians must contact the school with the student’s expected travel dates.
- TUITION & FEES: Please refer to the Unified Tuition Schedule for a list of current costs. Tuition is paid in advance and is due when the student arrives in the U.S. According to the Registration form and Enrollment agreement, all fees are non-refundable and parents are obligated for payment of the annual tuition. Note: The International tuition is non-refundable.
- HOST FAMILY INFORMATION: Initial placement and ongoing student care requires that arrangements are made in advance. Parent/guardian must complete the application and pay the application fee 3 weeks prior to the student’s arrival. It should be noted that placement may require as much as 30 days advanced notice.
When the student arrives in the U.S., he/she must purchase and provide proof of HEALTH INSURANCE.
It should be understood that continued enrollment is contingent upon maintenance of a satisfactory academic, attendance, and behavior record.