Western Christian Schools believes that service to the community is a critical component of the educational experience. Each student, therefore, is required to accumulate hours of service for each year they attend WCS Middle School. It is our sincere belief that these experiences will help lead the WCS community into a deeper understanding of the call of Christ, and will serve to enhance the overall education process.
Through supervised, purposeful and transformational service, WCS students become thoughtful contributors to their community. The general guidelines to satisfy the graduation requirement are:
- Single Day Service Project
- Weekend Service Project
- Weekly Service Project (youth group, tutoring, etc…)
- Intensive week or summer long service project (Mission Trip, Coaching, etc…)
These credits will be managed through Bible class with the Bible teacher.
- 6th Grade: 8 hours/4 per semester
- 7th Grade: 12 hours/6 per semester
- 8th Grade: 16 hours/8 per semester