The WCS preschool curriculum is developmentally appropriate, assisting children’s growth in all developmental areas: language, cognitive, social, emotional and physical. The curriculum is based on monthly themes and is integrated into weekly lesson plans with chapel, bible stories, and memory verses for spiritual growth.
The scope and sequence of our preschool is such that each child who is graduated from our preschool program is prepared to successfully enter our Kindergarten and into our Western Christian Schools Elementary Program. Our curriculum will provide and promote experiences that meet the needs of the individual child.
Western Christian Preschools along with the State of California have adopted:
- The California Preschool Learning Foundation
- Common Core State Standard Initiatives for transitional kindergarten
Biblical Integration is the most important part of Western Christian Schools and is used along with these other resources to enhance the standards found in the California Preschool Learning Foundation and Common Core State Standard Initiatives:
- Weekly chapels
- Monthly Themes
- Weekly computer lab opportunities for ages 3 and up
- iPad Learning Lab for all students
- Daily students are given the opportunity to use their creativity to compose artful masterpieces
- Music class
- Pre-kindergarten and transitional kindergarten students visit library and are introduced to wonderful stories and great characters all while learning proper library etiquette