Western Christian School ‘s objective is that students will develop a personal relationship with Christ and a discerning lifestyle that honors God. Develop the discipline of Bible study, prayer and worship. Through Bible class students will learn a foundational understanding of the Bible, its history and its relevance in daily life. Students are challenged to serve the community and around the world with their unique giftedness. Several opportunities are provided for students to think globally and serve those in need abroad and in our community. Students enjoy collecting toys for an orphanage in Mexico, sending mittens and socks to children in Russia , and giving food and blankets to the Navajo Mission in New Mexico.
- Have knowledge of Jesus Christ which leads to a personal relationship and a discerning lifestyle that honors God.
- Develop the discipline of Bible study, prayer and worship.
- Have a foundational understanding of the Bible, its history and its relevant place in his/her daily life, and know why he/she believes what they believe.
- Recognize his/her unique giftedness.
- Carry out the Great Commission in his/her community and around the world.
- Develop a servant’s heart and give of their time, talent, and treasure.
Teachable moments are used in and out of the classroom to instruct students in life skills and character building, based in the truth of God’s word. Faculty and staff lead by example, and encourage students to learn to demonstrate the ability to love unconditionally and to forgive others. Students are inspired to develop a respect for himself/herself and others, and to effectively and courteously resolve conflicts. Our students develop cultural awareness and an appreciation for diversity. They learn the importance and impact of their contribution to the well being of others. Several annual drives are organized to give to local and global needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to love unconditionally and to forgive others.
- Develop a respect for themself and others.
- Effectively and courteously resolve conflicts.
- Have a sense of cultural awareness and an appreciation for diversity.