Apart from Him we can do nothing
Jesus said that we should “abide” in Him because when we are apart from him we “can do nothing” (John 15:5). We can’t accomplish anything meaningful or of value when we’re not connected to Christ. He says we can do nothing. Yet, Jesus says that when we make him the center of our attention, we accomplish far more than we ever could apart from Him.
The spiritual life at Western Christian Schools is centered on Jesus Christ. The school offers an atmosphere where students can grow in their relationship with God through dedicated staff and a special emphasis on the spiritual needs of the students. Western believes that every student was created in the image of God with a purpose and destiny for the future. Students at Western have a great opportunity to pursue the high calling of Jesus Christ in their lives.
- Weekly quality chapels with dynamic speakers and worship that set the theme for the school year
- Retreats at Hume Lake which is one of the highlights of the year where many students receive Christ or rededicate their lives to serve God
- Spiritual emphasis week is a focused week of chapels and emphasis on challenging students to a deeper walk with God
- Student lead lunch clubs are encouraged and supported for small group Christian discipleship
- Special times of prayer in the classrooms and together as a student body are available during the year
- Students participate in activities designed to experience a variety of community services
Getting the grades and attending an awesome university is great and a likely outcome of attending Western Christian High School, but it all pales in comparison to knowing and following Jesus each day. He’s of the utmost value. Trust and rest in the fact that your greatness only stems from Jesus and your relationship with Him. Remain in Him, and you’ll be exceptional!